Monday, November 24, 2008

RSS feeds

“If Google owns me, it’s probably because I am in favor of what works.” That's a quote by from the NYTimes that I picked up on Library Stuff with an RSS feed.
It's from an article called Google Seduces With Utility By DAVID CARR
Published: November 23, 2008

Since I am beginning to feel I owe my soul to the company store, Google, I bonded with David as soon as I read his piece. In an interview with a Google executive he was reminded that they don't force anyone to use Google. It concludes...

But with video chat now enabled in my Gmail, how likely am I to click away? Some people worry that Google will take over the world. Through the sins of competence and innovation, the company has quietly and efficiently surrounded me.

“That’s our business model,” Mr. Schmidt said.

No comments: